Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Transparent Water Colors




...have made me pretty excited lately. I've never seriously painted with water colors. I mean, not unless you count the days when i bought the crayola kind and used way too much water and made the paper crinkly and ended up with a slosh of awkward colors and wierd browns everywhere. I believe I must have been in third grade. Anyway, the other day I was walking down my entrance hall and saw a really badass watercolor painting just sitting on a chair. In the bottom corner were the initials BBM. Those are my mom's initials. I've known my mom used to paint for quite some time now, but she doesn't ever do it these days. I've seen paintings she did in like the late 70s and they're pretty wicked, but this one was different. It was in watercolor which I'd also never seen her use, she stuck to oils back in the dizzay, as have I up until recently. Anyway I was amazed at how badass it was. I asked her about it and she told me it was a painting she'd done really recently on a trip to Colorado. She also told me that she had a set of watercolors in her closet. So I did what any curious painter would do and stole them, and then began my watercolor journey. So far I've done 4 paintings in the last couple of days, and I must say I'm in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment